Ready in less than 30 minutes, these Air Fryer Zucchini Chips give you that crisp coating without the mess and calories of frying.
For the zucchini chips:
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Make the breading. Mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan, olive oil and garlic salt in a shallow bowl.
- Bread the zucchini. Start by dipping a slice of zucchini in flour. Shake off any excess, then dip in egg white, and then the bread crumb mixture. Be sure to coat well with breadcrumbs so you end up with a nice crisp outside when they are done cooking. Repeat until all the zucchini rounds are coated.
- Air fry in batches. Add the breaded zucchini to the air fryer in a single layer. Cook at 400°F for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove zucchini chips from the air fryer and repeat until all of the rounds are cooked.
- Make the dipping sauce. Mix the creme fraiche, honey, pepper and cumin in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- I generally air fry the first batch of zucchini before I start breading the second batch.
- You can bread them all at once and place them on a wire rack until you are ready to cook them.
Keywords: air fryer recipes, air fryer side dishes