This healthy turkey chili recipe is made with black beans and Amber beer then topped with jalapeño cheddar cornbread bites for a tasty weeknight meal on a cold winter evening!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound ground turkey thigh
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 12 ounces amber ale
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- 1 cup jalapeño cheddar cornbread bites
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- In a large dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and sauteé for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauteé for an additional minute.
- Add turkey, brown until crumbled and cooked through. Add chili powder, stir to combine. Add remaining spices, stir and cook for 30 seconds. Add Amber Ale and bring to a boil. Add tomato and black beans, return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and zest.
- Spoon chili into serving bowls. Top with cornbread bites, greek yogurt, cheddar and cracked pepper.
This recipe makes four 1 1/4 cup servings.
- Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Calories: 475