Instead of serving up one big entree and a side dish, create a snack dinner which combines lots of small bites or snacks served together to give you the ultimate fun and easy weeknight meal!
For the cashews:
- 1 cup of roasted cashews
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
For the mushrooms:
- 6 baby Bella or crimini mushroom caps, de-stemmed and cleaned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
For the pesto yogurt dip:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
For the platter:
- several small carrots
- 1/4 of a watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces of fresh mozzarella or other soft cheese
- 2 ounces of gruyere or other hard cheese, sliced
- 2 ounces of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 8 baguette slices, toasted or your favorite whole grain crackers
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a small glass bowl or measuring cup. Add the brown sugar, rosemary and salt. Mix well. Put the cashews in a mixing bowl and pour the butter over them. Toss to coat. Spread the cashews out on the baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then pour them into a bowl.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F. Re-line the baking sheet with clean parchment paper.
- Toss the mushrooms with the olive oil, thyme, garlic salt and balsamic. Place them stem side down on the baking sheet. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are roasting mix the yogurt and pesto in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To assemble your snack dinner put the yogurt dip, hummus and nuts in small bowls. Begin adding the veggies, cheese and meats. You can serve the toasted bread on the side or just stack on top.
There is no right or wrong with how thing go on to the platter so just add them in as you like!
Keywords: easy weeknight meal