This Grilled Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin makes a wonderful Sunday dinner and is ready in less than 45 minutes.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried, minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried, minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pre-heat a grill to medium-high heat (approx. 450°F).
- Add oregano, onion, garlic and pepper to a small bowl and stir to combine. Add olive oil and mix well. Rub spice mixture on all sides of the tenderloin.
- Place the tenderloin on the pre-heated grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes (time may vary by 5-10 minutes depending on your grill) or until internal temperature reaches about 125 degrees.
- While the pork is cooking, heat the preserves in a small saucepan over low heat until they fairly liquid, about 5 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Remove from heat and add balsamic vinegar and mix well.
- Brush all sides of the pork with the preserves (I leave the tenderloin on the grill while I do this, but it can get a little messy. Continue grilling until the temperature reaches 145 degrees, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from grill and let stand for 15 minutes. Slice the pork and either serve immediately or save for later use.
If cooking the pork in the oven, heat oven to 425 degrees and cook for 20 minutes initially. Check the temperature and continue cooking for a few more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees. Remove from oven to brush with apricot glaze, then cook for an additional 20 minutes or so, until temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 245
- Fat: 3.8g
- Protein: 24.5g
Keywords: grilled pork, pork tenderloin recipes