This quick & easy recipe combines the protein power of quinoa with some tangy Asian flavors for a great vegetarian salad. Add some chicken and you’ve got an even more protein-packed meal! Add this to your weekly meal prep list for an easy packable lunch or a quick & healthy weeknight dinner!
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage*
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw*
- 1/2 cup cooked, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons toasted, sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons ramen noodles, uncooked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped avocado
- To make the dressing add the oils, honey, vinegar, and tamari to a small bowl. Mix with a fork or small whisk until well combined.
- Add the quinoa, cabbage, slaw, edamame, red pepper, carrot and green onions to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the dressing to the salad mixture and stir again until everything is well coated. Serve immediately and top with almonds and crumbled ramen.
- Broccoli slaw is available at many grocery stores, including most Trader Joe’s but if you can’t find it you can substitute a cabbage-based salad mix for the slaw and red cabbage.
- If you want more substance to the salad you can add chicken and/or avocado before mixing in the dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 salad
- Calories: 448
Keywords: easy salads, quinoa recipes