If you are looking for a unique, tasty snack for your next game day party or casual get-together look no further than these Asian Wonton Nachos. The combination of crispy wonton chips, lemongrass beef and beer cheese sauce will keep your guests coming back for more!
For the wonton chips:
- 25 wonton wrappers, cut in half diagonally
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
For the lemongrass beef:
- 2/3 cup lean ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- juice of one lime
For the beer cheese sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 4 ounces light beer
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
For the nachos:
- 1/3 cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Arrange the wonton wrappers on two or three baking sheets brush or spray lightly with oil. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until the wontons are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While the wonton chips are baking heat non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes until crumbled and mostly cooked through. Add the garlic and the lemongrass and cook for an additional minute. Add the hoisin sauce and lime juice. Stir to incorporate and then keep warm until ready to serve.
- To make the cheese sauce add the butter to a small saucepan and heat over low heat until melted. Add the flour and stir until combined and then cook for an additional minute.
- Add the salt and the beer. Stir to combine and then cook for a few minutes until the mixture begins to thicken. Add the cheese and stir until the cheese melts and the sauce is smooth.
- To serve place all the wonton chips on one of the baking sheets or on a large serving platter. Top with the beef, bell pepper and red onion. Add the cheese sauce and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Keywords: game day snacks, lemongrass