This Autumn Kale Salad combines some of fall’s best produce for a big, beautiful salad! Tossed with balsamic vinaigrette this salad is sure to become a fall staple in your meal rotation.
- 1 cup chopped sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- dash of salt
- 3 cups kale
- 1 cup chopped brussels sprouts
- 6 ounces cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped Honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Roast the potatoes. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Add the sweet potatoes, olive oil, rosemary and pepper to a mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Spread the potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Chop the veggies. While the potatoes are cooking, chop the kale and the brussels sprouts and slice or chop the apples.
- Assemble the salads. To prepare the salads, divide the kale and brussels evenly between two large salad bowls. Top with chicken, potatoes, apples, and quinoa. Add the goat cheese, almonds, and dressing. Toss well and serve.
- If you premade the quinoa earlier in the week, warm it in the microwave for about 30 seconds before adding it to the salad.
- If you want to roast the chicken breasts at the same time as the sweet potatoes you can add them to one side of the baking sheet. I recommend lining that side of the baking sheet with parchment paper to contain any juices.
- If you are saving a portion of the salad for later I suggest combining the kale, brussels, apples, chicken and goat cheese. Before serving warm the potatoes and quinoa and add to the salad then top with almonds and dressing.
Keywords: fall salads, kale salads