These Baked Chicken Flautas topped with a tangy cilantro-lime sauce will satisfy your craving for Mexican food, making them perfect for Cinco de Mayo or anytime you want a fun, Mexican inspired meal!!
For the sauce:
- 3 oz plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- pinch of sugar
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
For the flautas:
- 2 cups Spicy Mexican Chicken
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Chihuahua cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 8 taco size flour tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the flautas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Add the chicken to a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the cheeses and still until both cheeses are melted. Remove from heat and all the cilantro.
- Place a tortilla on a large plate or another work surface. Place a few spoonfuls of the chicken in the middle of the tortilla. Roll tightly and place on a baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining chicken and tortillas.
- Lightly spray the rolled flautas with olive oil and bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from the oven and carefully flip them over. Spray the bottom sides lightly with oil and return to the oven for 5 to 7 minutes or until the flautas are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and top with Cilantro Lime Sauce. Serve immediately.
If you need to make the Spicy Mexican Chicken first, add 20 minutes to the cook time listed.
- Serving Size: 2 flautas
- Calories: 513
Keywords: Mexican recipes