When it comes to weekend comfort food it’s hard to beat a big stack of fluffy pancakes – these protein pancakes get a nutritional boost from banana, whole wheat flour and protein powder!
- 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add milk and whisk together until smooth. Add egg and egg whites and whisk again.
- Add the flour, protein powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt. Whisk again until all ingredients are incorporated. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spray a non-stick pan with coconut oil or other cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the heated pan. Repeat until the pan is full (about 3 pancakes fit into a 10″ pan). Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the edges begin to just slightly brown. Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove pancakes from the pan and keep warm. Repeat until all the batter has been used up. Serve with maple syrup and blueberries or fruit topping of your choice.
Keywords: high protein breakfast