This healthy, flavor-packed kale broccoli salad is topped with brussels sprouts, strawberries and goat cheese for the perfect weekday lunch!!
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 4 cups kale leaves
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1/2 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
For the dressing
- Whisk the vinegar and sugar together in a small bowl. Add salt, mustard, shallots and poppy seeds; whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
For the salad
- Place the kale leaves in a large bowl. Mix avocado oil and sea salt together and pour over the kale. Massage the kale with a kneading motion, like you are kneading bread, tearing the leaves into smaller pieces, for 2-4 minutes until the kale turns bright green and begins to soften.
- Once the kale is softened, divide between two large salad bowls. Top with strawberries, broccoli slaw, shaved brussels spouts, goat cheese, dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Top with dressing and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Keywords: kale salads, brussels sprouts