These steamed carrots are topped with a lime gremolata creating a unique, flavorful side dish!
- 8 ounces of baby carrots, peeled
- zest from half of one lime
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash ground ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Steam the carrots. Insert steamer basked into a medium pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 2-3 inches of water. Put the carrots in the steamer basket, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and steam for 10 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Make the gremolata. While the carrots are cooking, add the lime zest, garlic, ginger and cilantro in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Finish the dish. Just before carrots are done, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots and swirl in the butter. Add lime juice and salt; cook for 1 minute. Add the gremolata, stir to coat. Remove from pan and serve immediately.