This chicken is topped with mushrooms and a creamy Chardonnay sauce for tasty perfection in a weeknight dinner for two!
- 2 – 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 to 10 ounces total), pounded to 1/2 inch thick
- 1 egg white
- 2–3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small shallow pan. Place egg white in a second small shallow pan and beat lightly.
- Dip each chicken breast in the egg white and then dredge in the flour mixture. Shake off any excess and place on a plate.
- Heat oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Turn breasts and cook for two more minutes. Remove pan from heat and place in pre-heated oven. Cook for 8-10 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan, cover and keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-low heat. Add the chardonnay and deglaze by scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice, remaining pepper, thyme and mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in crème fraîche.
- Place the chicken on warm plates. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
- You can substitute sour cream for crème fraîche, however it will change the taste of the sauce slightly.
Keywords: 30 minute meals, chicken dinner