This chicken and artichoke pasta gets topped with creamy kale pesto sauce for healthier comfort food!
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Barilla Plus Penne
- 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz frozen artichoke hearts, thawed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon course ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried shallots
- 1/4 cup kale pesto
- 1/3 cup pasta water
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (plus additional for topping)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan. Add chicken and sauté until browned, breaking into bite-sized pieces as it cooks. Add the artichoke hearts, spices, and pepper; sauté 2-3 minutes until artichoke hearts are warmed. Keep warm over low heat.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of water. Add pasta to chicken and artichoke mixture in the sauté pan; increase heat to medium-low and mix together. Add 1/3 cup pasta water, 1/4 cup kale pesto, ricotta, parmesan & yogurt. Stir until everything is incorporated.
- If necessary, add a little additional pasta water for a smooth consistency. Season with salt & pepper as desired. Top with grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Makes 3-4 servings depending on serving size.