Crunchy panko breadcrumbs, nutty parmesan cheese and tender chicken combine in this easy to make Chicken Milanese that gets a unique twist by adding the salad on top of the chicken to create a fun weeknight dinner for two.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – 4 to 6 ounces each
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze as desired
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the chicken breast between two sheets of parchment paper. Using a meat mallet lightly pound the chicken until it’s about 3/4″ thick. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Combine the flour, breadcrumbs and pepper in a low sided dish. Add the egg white to a separate dish. Dip one chicken breast in the egg white, then dip into the flour mixture, being sure to coat both sides. You can pat some additional breading mixture onto the chicken as needed. Repeat with the second chicken breast.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a 10″ oven-safe skillet. Once the oil is hot add both chicken breasts to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the breading begins to turn golden brown. Carefully flip the chicken breasts and cook for an additional two minutes. Please the pan in the preheated oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking add the arugula and tomatoes to a large mixing bowl. Add the oil and toss well.
- Once the chicken is done cooking place each chicken breast on a dinner plate. Top each with half of the arugula mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and add the avocado slices. If desired drizzle with balsamic vinegar or balsamic glaze.
The cooked chicken breasts will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I recommend making the salad and slicing the avocado just before serving.
Keywords: weeknight chicken dinner