These Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Bars are the perfect blend of a cookie and a granola bar!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I prefer King Arthur)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray or grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add flour, baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl, whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Combine the wet ingredients. Place brown sugar and apple sauce in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on medium until combined. Add coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Beat on medium-low until blended. With mixer running, slowly add flour mixture. Beat until blended, scraping down sides as needed.
- Remove mixing bowl from mixer and add the oats. Stir until combined. Then add the almonds and chocolate chips and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 20 minutes; until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 – 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 169
- Protein: 6 grams
Keywords: Healthy snacks