If you’re craving something healthy, this Chopped Kale Salad is loaded with veggies, topped with chicken and a tangy lemon vinaigrette giving you an easy, tasty meal!
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup chopped red or yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 gala or another red apple, chopped
- 4 ounces cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- To make the dressing combine the vinegar, agave and lemon juice in a small jar or bowl. Mix well. Add the olive oil and mix again. Set aside until ready to serve the salad.
- Add almonds to a non-stick pan and heat over medium-low heat. Toast for 6-8 minutes. Watch the almonds closely to be sure they don’t start to burn. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Divide the kale between two salad bowls. Top with onion, pepper, apple and chicken. Add the cilantro and lemon juice. Toss to coat. Add the avocado and the dressing. Gently toss again. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
Keywords: kale salads, healthy eating