Infusing spirits is a fun way to add your own unique twist to cocktails! This Cranberry Infused Vodka is especially great for holiday cocktails!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- 2 long strips of orange peel
- 750 ml of good vodka, use your favorite brand
- Place cranberries and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, vanilla bean and orange peel to a large jar. Pour vodka into a large jar. Seal jar and store in a cool dry spot for 4-7 days.
- Once the vodka is infused, pour vodka through a fine mesh strainer into a large bowl or measuring cup. If desired, you can reserve the cranberries for garnish or other uses.
- Use a funnel to pour strained vodka into a large, sealable bottle. Vodka will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
The bulk of the time for this recipe is the time it takes for the vodka to infuse. The actual hands-on time is less than 15 minutes.
To create a simple holiday martini, add sugar to the rim of a martini glass. Add 1 1/2 ounces of vodka to a martini glass and top with 2-3 ounces of sparkling water. Garnish with a twisted orange peel.
Keywords: craft cocktails, infused spirits