These crispy chickpea wraps are seasoned fresh herbs and soft goat cheese for an easy, packable lunch.
There is a place called Blaze Pizza right by my office. You go in and basically create your own pizza, picking from the variety of fresh ingredients they have. The very helpful staff put it all together, cook it up in a wood-burning pizza oven and in a couple of minutes you have a fresh, hot, crispy individual pizza! Some days the line is out the door and around the corner - it's that good! I'd love to go there every day - there is only one problem - I'd gain a LOT of weight doing so and it's clearly not the healthiest choice for lunch.
Deciding what to have for lunch at work is always a challenge. Going someplace like Blaze is the easy option - it's quick, tasty and not too expensive. But even with all the fast-casual options out there now, eating out is really not the best option for lunch on a daily basis. So, what's the answer? Having a couple of healthy, packable go-to options can make lunch on the go a much easier task!
I especially like these wraps because they can be assembled the night before and don't need any reheating. Just take them out of the fridge and enjoy! If you want to add a little more to your a nice green salad or some of this Butternut Squash soup is the perfect addition.
notes from the kitchen
- The crispy chickpeas can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
- You can use any herbs you like for the goat cheese; I vary it depending on what I happen to have on hand. While fresh herbs are best, you could also use dried herbs.
- Sliced red onion is optional on these wraps. It gives them a nice kick, but personally, I don't always want raw onions for lunch when I'm at work!
Crispy Chickpea Wraps with Herbed Goat Cheese
- 1 recipe Crispy Chickpeas
- ⅓ cup soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, (I like rosemary, thyme, basil and Italian parsley)
- ½ teaspoon dried lemon peel, (or ¼ teaspoon fresh)
- 2 flatbreads or other sandwich wraps
- ½ of an avocado, (thinly sliced)
- ¼ cup of sliced red onion, (optional)
- Make the chickpeas according to the recipe instructions. Let cool slightly.
- While the chickpeas are cooling, mix the goat cheese, herbs and lemon peel together. Spread onto one side of each wrap.
- Top with chickpeas, sliced avocado and onion (if desired). Fold wrap around the filling. Serve immediately or refrigerate for lunch the next day.
Nicoletta @sugarlovespices says
I really like Blaze Pizza! But now I'm loving your crispy chickpea wraps! Healthy, tasty, substantial, and easy, they are the perfect "take to work" lunch!
Karyl | Karyl's Kulinary Krusade says
What an easy and delicious looking lunch! I've never made crispy chickpeas before, but I do love to snack on them. I'll definitely have to give this a try
Char Ferrara says
Oh my yum! These crispy chickpeas along with all these ingredients sound amazing together. Fantastic flavors!
Looks great and I love that they’re meat free!
Katie Crenshaw | A Fork's Tale says
This is the perfect recipe for lunch. I love that you can make the crispy chicken peas a head of time to use for later.... however, if I made a batch, they wouldn't last long in the refrigerator.
Amanda Mason says
These look and sound amazing! Perfect for a lunch or snack! I love that you used chickpeas - what a fabulous healthy protein to replace a meat! Pinning this one!!!
Anne Murphy says
Crispy Chick Peas sounds good for lunch! And goat cheese and avocado - what a combination! Great lunch!
Blaze Pizza sounds like a great spot to try next time I'm out that way.....and I love this recipe! The tips are great too...I'm hanging onto this because I would totally eat this for lunch!
Britt @ A Lil' Sweet, Spice, & Advice says
That herbed goat cheese sounds ahhmazing, so bright and herbaceous! This sounds like the perfect lunch or snack dish!
Claire | The Simple, Sweet Life says
I also struggle with what to take to work for lunch. Luckily, we don't have a lot of nearby options that would make it easy to eat out all the time (because I just might otherwise). Loving this easy, healthy, economical option!