These crispy chickpeas are seasoned with fresh herbs to make an amazing addition to salads, hummus or even sandwiches. They make a great snack too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- pinch of dried lemon peel
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/3 cup fresh herbs, minced
- Spread the chickpeas onto a plate lined with a paper towel and pat dry.
- In a non-stick skillet heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chickpeas and garlic. Season with pepper, lemon peel and salt. Cook for 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the herbs.