Bananas sautéd in Cointreau add a special and super tasty twist to this Banana Bread!
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamons in a small mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Slightly mash the banana with a fork. Place 3 tbsp (56g) of butter in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter is melted. Add banana and Cointreau. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly thickened and bubbling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Place brown sugar and 2 tbsp (28 g) butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until small, pea-sized chunks are formed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Scrape down sides of the bowl between additions.
- Add banana mixture and yogurt, beat until smooth. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 40- 45 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack and continue to cool.
- While loaf is cooling mix the powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over slightly warm loaf. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 283
- Protein: 5.3g
Keywords: Sunday brunch, quick bread