Bananas sautéd in Cointreau add a special and super tasty twist to this homemade Banana Bread!
For the bread:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
For the glaze:
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons orange juice
- Heat the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the dry ingredients. Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamons in a small mixing bowl. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Cook the bananas. Slightly mash the banana with a fork. Place 3 tbsp (56g) of butter in a medium saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook until the butter is melted. Add banana and Cointreau. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until slightly thickened and bubbling. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Make the batter. Place brown sugar and 2 tbsp (28 g) butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on medium speed until small, pea-sized chunks are formed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl between additions. Add banana mixture and yogurt, beat until smooth. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until well blended.
- Bake the bread. Pour batter into the loaf pan. Bake for 40- 45 minutes until a knife comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a wire rack and continue to cool.
- Make the glaze. While the loaf is cooling mix the powdered sugar and orange juice in a small bowl. Drizzle over the slightly warm loaf. Slice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 283
- Protein: 5.3g
Keywords: Sunday brunch, quick bread recipe