Edamame and avocado combine for a creamy hummus that’s perfect for cocktail parties and backyard BBQs!
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper, (black is fine too)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Place edamame in a microwave-safe bowl and add 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and let cool slightly.
- Add avocado, edamame, lemon juice, garlic, cilantro, zest, pepper and salt to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a standard blade. Pulse for 30 seconds and scrape down sides.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the olive oil and process until smooth.
- To serve top with some chopped cilantro and avocado.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 85
Keywords: healthy dip