These mini turkey sausage frittata muffins are a perfect solution for breakfast on the go!
- 2 ounces ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced baby Bella mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons non-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Coat 4 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray, making sure each cup is thoroughly coated.
- In a small sauté pan cook the sausage over medium-high heat until crumbled and cooked through, about 7-8 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Return the pan to the heat; add olive oil and mushrooms. Sauté mushrooms for 1-2 minutes until slightly tender. Add mushrooms to sausage.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs, milk and ground pepper together.
- Divide sausage mixture among the four muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage and mushrooms. You may have a little left over depending on the exact size of your muffin cups.
- Divide cheese evenly among the muffin cups, sprinkling over the top of each.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until muffin is firm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
Muffins will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- Serving Size: 2 muffins
- Calories: 273
- Protein: 23.1 grams
Keywords: easy weekday breakfasts, muffin tin recipes