Who says creating a delicious holiday brunch has to be stressful? These easy eggnog french toast muffins are just the thing for busy holiday brunches.
For the muffins:
- 6 cups day-old bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 cups eggnog
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
For the streusel:
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare the bread. Slice and cube up your 2-day-old bread and place into a large bowl.
- Make the eggnog batter. Mix eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl.
- Coat the bread cubes. Pour the eggnog mixture over the bread cubes and stir until all of the cubes are evenly coated.
- Chill. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, up to 3 hours.
- Make the streusel. Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or two 2 forks. You can also add the streusel ingredients to a food processor and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Assemble. Divide the bread mixture evenly between lined or greased muffin cups. Spoon the streusel mixture over the muffins.
- Bake. Bake the muffins for 35-40 minutes, until the tops begin to turn golden brown.
- Serve. Serve with maple syrup, and if desired, a bit of creme fraiche.
Keywords: Holiday brunch, French toast recipes