These potatoes combine leftover mashed potatoes with onions and cream cheese to create a delicious holiday buffet dish!
- 4–6 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3–4 oz crispy onions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine the potatoes, cream cheese, onion, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric beater, beat for 2-3 minutes until fully combined.
- Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with crispy onions (see note). Bake for 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
If reheating at a later time, or serving in a crock pot, place crispy onions on a baking sheet and cook separately. Sprinkle on top of potatoes just before serving.
Keywords: holiday sides