These mini glazed pumpkin muffins are drizzled with an orange glaze to give you the ultimate brunch treat or afternoon snack!
For the muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
For the glaze
- 1 cup powdered (confectioners) sugar
- 3–4 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with baking spray.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add the flour, baking soda and salt to a small mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Make the batter. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, combine the pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, sugar and oil. Mix on medium low for 1 minute. Add the eggs and mix on low for 30 seconds.
- Prepare and bake the muffins. Using a tablespoon cookie scoop or large spoon divide the batter evenly between the 24 muffin cups. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the top of the muffins springs back when touched lightly. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Make the glaze. Add the powdered sugar to a mixing bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of orange juice. Stir to cominbe. Add additional juice until desired consistency is reached. Drizzle the glaz on the cooled muffins and enjoy!
Keywords: fall baking ideas, afternoon snacks