These Greek-inspired veggie burgers are loaded with mouth-watering flavors and give you a plant-based option for all your late summer and early fall cookouts and parties!
For the tzatziki sauce:
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons grated English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon pressed garlic (about 1 glove)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the burgers:
- 4 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Lovers Burgers
- 2 pita bread rounds, cut in half
- 1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 thin rings of red onion
- 1/2 an avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat a grill to medium heat.
- To make the tzatziki sauce combine the yogurt, cucumber, dill, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the grill is ready, grill the burgers for 8-10 minutes, flipping once about halfway thru through. Remove the burgers from the grill.
- Add a burger patty to each half pita round. Add tomato, onion and avocado. Top with feta cheese and tzatziki sauce. Serve immediately.
If you want to create a veggie burger bar for your guests, simply place the burger patties on a plate and set up all the toppings and pita pockets nearby. Guest make create their own versions.
The burgers come 4 to a package so if you want to serve a crowd grab several packages and just increase the rest of the ingredients accordingly.
Keywords: tailgate parties, meatless meals