The combination of hazelnuts, lemon and shallots in these French Green Beans elevates this side dish to a completely amazing level!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon chopped hazelnuts
- 1 pound French green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix the butter, shallots, lemon zest and hazelnuts in a small bowl until combined. Refrigerate while the beans are cooking.
- Place the beans in a sauté pan and sprinkle with salt. Add the water. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to cook for about 2 minutes, until all of the water boils off. Immediately remove from heat.
- Spoon butter mixture over the beans. Using a pair of tongs, toss the beans until all of the butter is melted and the beans are coated. Serve immediately.
Keywords: Easter side dish