This stacked Caprese salad is topped with avocado and a traditional basil pesto then drizzled with balsamic glaze for the ultimate light summer meal.
- 2 plum tomatoes, thickly sliced
- half an avocado, thinly sliced
- 3 – 4 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- balsamic glaze, to taste
- cracked pepper, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- To assemble the salad, place a tomato slice on a plate, top with a slice of mozzarella. Continue until you have used up half of the tomato slices. Repeat to make two stacks.
- Top each stack with avocado slices, basil pesto and cracked pepper. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.