These grilled fish tacos are topped with a tangy cilantro lime sauce for a healthy weeknight meal!
For the Lime Cilantro Sauce:
- 6 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 finely chopped tablespoon green onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon finely diced jalapeño
For the tacos:
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound tilapia filets
- 6–8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- Make the sauce. Mix the yogurt, salt, sugar, zest, onion, cilantro, and jalapeno in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the fish. In a small bowl, mix cumin through onion powder. Brush fish with olive oil and sprinkle with spice mixture.
- Grill the fish. Heat grill to about 400°F, place fish on the grill, and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully turn fish and cook for 4-6 minutes or until done. Remove fish from the grill and let it rest for 3-5 minutes. Use two forks to pull the fish apart.
- Heat the tortillas. When you turn the fish, place tortillas on a grill to heat. If you have several burners on your grill, turn one to low so you can get the tortillas warm without making them too crunchy.
- Assemble the tacos. Place 2-3 tortillas on each plate, divide fish evenly amongst the tortillas. Top with avocado, green onion, Queso Fresco, and lime-cilantro sauce. Serve immediately.
Keywords: light summer dinner, grilled fish recipe