This grilled sea bass is topped with a light and refreshing watermelon and mango salsa, making it the perfect light summertime dinner!
- 1 cup diced watermelon, seedless preferred
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 6 oz sea bass filets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Make sure your grill is clean and well seasoned.
- In a small bowl mix the watermelon, mango, onion, lime juice, salt and zest. Stir in the cilantro and refrigerate for 15 – 20 minutes while the fish cooks.
- Pat the sea bass filets dry and brush or spray them with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place fish on the grill, skin side down, diagonally across the grates. Close the lid and turn the grill down to medium. Let the fish cook for 3-4 minutes. Using two spatulas (or a spatula and a fork) carefully lift the fish and make sure the skin is crispy. The fish should lift from the grill easily. If it’s still sticking a bit, let it cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Carefully flip the fish over, again placing on a diagonal across the grates. Let cook for 4 – 7 minutes more, until the temperature reads 140°F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove the fish from the grill. Top with the watermelon mango salsa and serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 6 ounces
- Calories: 225
Keywords: grilled fish, light summer dinner