This healthy Cowboy Caviar is a colorful, fresh, low-carb snack or summer picnic dip!
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- In a large mixing bowl combine the beans, black-eyed peas, tomato, corn, pepper, onion and cilantro. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar, sugar, garlic salt, oregano, basil, chili powder and pepper. Whisk until blended. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking to combine. Pour the dressing over the dip and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite chips.
If using avocado wait to add it until just before serving.
Keywords: healthy appetizers