This Homemade Taco Seasoning gives you the perfect blend of spices for all types of tacos!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you prefer spicier tacos
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Mix all the spices together in a small bowl. Add the cornstarch and mix to incorporate.
- When making tacos I mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning with a pound of cooked ground meat. I tend to use little less for turkey than I do for beef.
- After you’ve browned the meat, sprinkle with the taco seasoning and add about a cup of water and some lime juice. Mix well. Cook for about 10 minutes or until the sauce starts to thicken.