This homemade Honey Flax Granola is a healthier version of granola that combines honey, flax, almonds and dried cranberries for a super tasty way to start the morning!
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, nuts, flaxseed and salt in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Combine oil, honey, water and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour honey mixture over oat mixture and mix thoroughly, ensuring all the oats are well coated.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and stir. Return to oven and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with dried cranberries while the granola is cooling. Cool completely before storing.
This granola can be stored in an airtight container for about two weeks.
- Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- Calories: 325