These pulled pork sliders combine Asian slaw with BBQ pulled pork and a touch of tangy pickled red onion for the ultimate backyard party or game day treat that will leave your guests asking for more!
For the pickled onions:
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup very warm water
For the sandwiches:
- 1 recipe pulled pork
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon agave
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of ginger
- 2 1/2 cups of cole slaw or Asian salad mix
- 8 – 10 mini rolls
- Pickle the onions. Add the red onions to a mason jar or other airtight container. Mix the vinegar, sugar, salt and water in a small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the onions, seal the lid of the container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Cook the pork. If you didn’t do so ahead of time, prepare the pulled pork according to the recipe. Once it’s ready, add the BBQ sauce and mix well. Keep warm or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the slaw. While the pork is cooking mix the mayo, vinegar, agave, soy sauce, salt, pepper and ginger in a small bowl. Mix the dressing with the slaw and chill until ready to serve (see note).
- Assemble the sandwiches. If you like, toast the buns then top with pulled pork, slaw and some pickled onions.
- If you are making this ahead of time keep the dressing separate from the slaw mixture until an hour or so before you are ready to serve.
- The cook time listed includes time for pressure cooking the pork shoulder. You’ll still need that time for the onions to pickle.
Keywords: summer parties, game day recipes, easy weeknight dinners