Chilly fall evenings mean cozy weeknight meals. Make this Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice during your weekly meal prep and the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- zest and juice from one small lime
- 1 teaspoon sweet rice wine (mirin)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Add the rice and the water to your Instant Pot. Lock the lid and set the steam valve to its “sealing” position. Select the “PRESSURE COOK” or “MANUAL” button and cook for 20 minutes on high pressure. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the zest, juice, mirin and cilantro. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.
If you live at a higher altitude you’ll want to adjust your cooking time accordingly, about 5% for each 1,000 feet over 2,500 ft in altitude. For me, at 5,000 that means 22 minutes of cooking time.
Keywords: Instant Pot recipes