Fall apart tender and juicy instant pot pulled pork is an easy recipe that gives you the base for different dishes all year long.
- 2 1/2 pounds of boneless pork shoulder, trimmed
- 12 ounces of beer
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- a touch of liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- After you’ve trimmed the pork cut it into two or three pieces so it will fit into your Instant Pot
- In a small bowl mix the sugar, garlic, onion, thyme, cumin, paprika, mustard, salt and pepper. Rub onto the pork.
- Place the wire rack in the bottom of your Instant Pot and add the pork pieces. Add the beer, apple juice and vinegar. Put the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it. Be sure the vent is set to the closed position.
- Cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. Let the steam release naturally for 20 minutes then quick release if necessary.
- Remove the pork pieces from the Instant Pot and shred with a fork. Serve with your favorite side or refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- If you freeze the pulled pork you can reheat it in an oven or toaster oven at 225°F until it reaches the desired temperature.
- The pork will keep for 2-3 days in the refrigerator and up to about 6 months in the freezer.
- The cook time includes the time it takes for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Keywords: Sunday supper, pork dishes