Kale pesto makes a great, healthy base for many different dishes. Everything from pasta to pizza to sandwiches works with this pesto!
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4–5 ounces kale leaves (about 1 bunch)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Remove the kale leaves from the stems and tear into pieces (this makes it easier to get into your food processor).
- Add cheese, garlic, pine nuts, pepper and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 3-4 times. Add the lemon juice and as much kale as will fit into your food processor, and pulse several times to combine. Continue this process until all the kale has been added, then continue to pulse until a coarse mixture has formed.
- With the motor running, pour in the olive oil and continue to process until fully blended. The pesto will be rather thick.
- Add to your favorite dish or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
Pesto can be frozen, either in an airtight container, or if you prefer to have individual servings you can divide into an ice tray and then freeze.
Keywords: pesto, kale