Linguine noodles are tossed with this light artichoke pesto to give you an elegant yet easy weeknight dinner that works for date night too.
For the pesto:
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the shrimp & pasta:
- 8 oz whole wheat linguine
- 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Make the pesto. Fit a large food processor with a standard blade. Add artichokes and garlic, pulse several times until the artichokes are roughly chopped. Add basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and walnuts. Pulse 4-5 times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add pepper and then, with the motor running slowly pour the olive oil down the chute and continue processing until fully blended.
- Cook the pasta. Cook according to the package directions. When the pasta is done cooking drain, reserving at least a 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Cook the shrimp. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. While the skillet is heating toss the shrimp with olive oil and garlic. Add shrimp to skillet and cook for 2 minutes. Using a pair of tongs, turn the shrimp and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until shrimp and pink and cooked through.
- Finish the dish. Turn the heat off and add the pasta, pesto, and 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the pan. Carefully toss to coat the linguine. Add additional pasta water, a small amount at a time, as needed. Serve immediately, topping with grated parmesan if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 430
Keywords: Spring pasta dishes, pesto recipes