These grilled shrimp skewers pack all the flavors of a refreshing margarita into a quick and easy summer weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 4 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 12 ounces large peeled and deveined shrimp (I usually leave the tails on them for grilling)
- Mix the lime and orange juices, zest, tequila, olive oil pepper and salt in a small bowl or jar.
- Add the shrimp and marinade to a large zip-top bag and let the shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 90 minutes.
- Preheat a gas grill to medium-high heat, about 400°F.
- While the grill is preheating, thread the shrimp onto skewers, leaving some space in between each shrimp. Depending on the type of skewer you are using you should be able to get 4-6 shrimp per skewer.
- Place the skewers on the hot grill and grill for 2-3 minutes. Flip the shrimp once the first side is pink and the edges on the side facing up are just starting to turn slightly pink. Grill for another 2-3 minutes until shrimp are completely pink and cooked through.
- Carefully remove the shrimp from the grill. You can serve the shrimp on the skewers or remove them and either serve immediately or chill and save them for another time.
- Serving Size: 6 ounces
- Calories: 260
Keywords: shrimp skewers, easy grilled shrimp recipes