These Melon, Prosciutto and Mozzarella skewers are drizzled with balsamic glaze for an updated version of a classic appetizer!
- 1 large cantaloupe
- 1 8 oz container of cherry tomato sized fresh mozzarella balls
- 2–3 oz sliced prosciutto, torn or cut into 24 pieces
- 24 basil leaves, about 1/2 cup
- 24 wooden skewers
- balsamic glaze to taste
- Using a melon baller, scoop 24 balls out of the cantaloupe. Don’t worry if they are not perfectly round, they will still work just fine!
- To assemble the skewers add one melon ball, followed by a slice of prosciutto. Add the mozzarella and finish with a basil leaf. You can either chill the skewers until ready to serve, or serve them immediately. If you are going to chill them, I recommend adding the basil leaves just before serving them.
- Drizzle with the balsamic glaze just before serving.
Keywords: Easy appetizer