For a fun twist, traditional Mexican street corn is turned into a flavorful, fabulous dip. This easy to make dip is just begging your guests to dig in!
- 16-ounce bag frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely minced jalapeno
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- pinch of ground chipotle (more if you spicy)
- 1/3 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Cook the corn. Add corn, salt, and butter to a skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the corn is heated (about 5 minutes). Add the jalapeno and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Assemble the dip. Add the green onion, lime juice, mayonnaise, creme fraiche, cumin, chili powder, sugar, garlic powder, and chipotle. Mix until combined.
- Add the toppings. About 30 minutes before you are ready to serve the dip, add the queso fresco and the cilantro. Stir to combine and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with a sturdy tortilla chip.
- You can substitute the Savory Spice Shop Mexican Street Corn seasoning for the cumin, chili powder, sugar, garlic powder, and ground chipotle. Start with about a tablespoon and season to your liking.
Keywords: Summer dips, party dips