Bring this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad, loaded with grilled corn and topped with a tangy lime dressing, to a summer BBQ and watch it disappear!
For the salad:
- 4 ears of sweet corn (will yield approximately 2 cups once off the cob)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija cheese (optional)
- Extra lime for serving, if desired
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo (you can use regular if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons finely minced jalapeno
- Heat the grill. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the corn. Husk the corn and rub with the olive oil. Place the corn on the grill and cook for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until all sides begin to char slightly.
- Make the pasta. While the corn is cooking add the pasta to a large pot and just cover with water. Cook according to package directions (about 10 – 12 minutes) until the pasta is al dente. Drain the pasta and let cool slightly.
- Strip the corn. When the corn is cooked, remove from the grill and let cool slightly. Remove the kernels from the cob using a sharp knife or corn removal tool.
- Make the dressing. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, using a fork to whisk everything together.
- Assemble the salad. Add the pasta to a large mixing bowl. Add the corn, green onion, red onion, and cilantro. Mix well. Top with the dressing and toss to coat.
- If you don’t want a vegan version top with the cheese. If you want to keep it vegan, serve with the cheese on the side.
Keywords: Summer salads, pasta salads