These individual pizzas are great for a quick weeknight meal, and have the added benefit of healthy kale pesto!
- Half of one pizza dough recipe (or pre-made high-quality pizza dough)
- 3 teaspoons garlic olive oil, divided
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound ground Italian sausage (you can use either pork or turkey)
- 6 tablespoons kale pesto
- 1/3 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Cook sausage in a medium skillet over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Rub each of two small cast iron skillets with 1/2 tsp garlic olive oil, being sure to coat bottom and sides. Divide the pizza dough between the two skillets. Press the dough to cover the bottom of the skillets.
- In a small bowl, mix 2 tsp of garlic olive oil with the pesto.
- Sprinkle two tablespoons of cheese on each pizza. Divide the pesto mixture evenly between the two pizzas, spreading over the cheese.
- Top with mushrooms, sausage and the remaining cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust turns lightly golden brown. Remove pizzas from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Keywords: skillet pizza, deep dish pizza