Take your side dish to the next level with this cauliflower glazed with a miso sauce then roasted to crispy perfection!
For the cauliflower:
- 2 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dash ground pepper
- pinch ground cumin
Make the miso glaze:
- Combine the oils, mirin, honey, miso, ginger, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix with a small whisk or fork until the miso is fully incorporated into the sauce.
Roast the cauliflower:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Pour the panko into a dish with low sides.
- Add the cauliflower to a medium mixing bowl. Pour the miso glaze over the cauliflower and toss to coat.
- Once the cauliflower is coated with miso glaze take each floret and dip it into the panko, being sure to coat thoroughly. Place the coated floret on the baking sheet, leaving room between each one. Repeat until all fortes are coated.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until the florets are golden brown. Remove from oven and serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Make the dipping sauce:
- While the cauliflower is roasting, combine crème fraîche, mascarpone, honey, cumin and pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Calories: 295
Keywords: Oven roasted veggies, cauliflower, miso recipes