This creamy, earthy flavored truffle mushroom risotto will warm you up on the coldest of winter days and is perfect for a romantic date night at home!
- 3/4 cup dried mushrooms
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with water. Let sit for about 30 minutes until rehydrated. Drain.
- While the mushrooms are rehydrating, heat chicken broth in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- After you’ve drained the mushrooms, melt butter in a large fairly wide bottom pan over medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic, saute for about 2 minutes. Add the rice and saute for 2-3 minutes until a small white dot forms in the middle of each grain.
- Add the wine and cook for about a minute, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Begin adding the warmed chicken broth, one large ladleful at a time. Let the broth come to simmer before beginning to stir. Continue to stir gently until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue to add chicken broth, one ladleful at a time, until the rice becomes creamy and is to cooked to al dente – cooked but just slightly firm. This process should take about 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked remove from the heat and add mushroom, parmesan, thyme, pepper and salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Spoon the risotto into shallow bowls and drizzle with truffle oil. Serve immediately.