If you can make whipped cream you can make homemade ice cream! Seriously, it’s really that easy. A good stand mixer and some patience will give you this amazing no-churn salted caramel ice cream in just a few hours.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
Whip the cream. Add the cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk. Whip on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add the condensed milk and vanilla. Beat again until just combined with the whipped cream.
- Start the freezing process. Pour the mixture into an ice cream freezer container or other freezer safe container. Cover with lid or plastic wrap. Freeze for about an hour. If you are making your own salted caramel sauce you can do it will the ice cream begins to set.
- Add the salted caramel sauce. After about an hour, remove the ice cream from the freezer and mix in the salted caramel sauce. Use a large spoon to swirl it throughout the ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer until set. This will take about 3-4 hours more depending on your freezer and the container you use.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can use either homemade salted caramel sauce or a store bought sauce. I love the recipe linked in the ingredients above so I highly recommend making your own!
Keywords: no churn ice cream, summer desserts