This healthy salad is packed with fresh California-inspired flavors making it a go-to option for packable lunch or a light weeknight dinner.
For the meatballs:
- 1/2 pound ground turkey thigh
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- dash of garlic salt
- dash of ground chipotle pepper
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons avocado or other vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
For the salad:
- 4 cups of chopped kale salad mix
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2–3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 2 tablespoons toasted quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the oven is heating mix the turkey, onion, breadcrumbs, egg white, parsley, peppers and salt in a bowl. Using a 1-2 tablespoon scoop, form the mixture into meatballs and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until fully cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool slightly while you assemble the salads.
- While the meatballs are cooking combine the oils, honey, vinegar, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Mix with a fork and set aside until ready to serve.
- Divide the kale salad mix between two salad bowls. Divide the meatballs between the two bows and top with goat cheese, sliced avocado, cranberries, sunflower kernels and quinoa. Add dressing and toss.
Keywords: summer salad, ground turkey recipes