These creamy mashed potatoes combine cauliflower, parmesan and truffle for a unique twist on a traditional holiday dish!
- 3 russet potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or half & half
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons truffle oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- chopped chives for garnish, if desired
- Peel the potatoes and chop into large pieces. Add them to a large pot and cover them with water and add the salt. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add the cauliflower and simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and the cauliflower. Place in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly mash with a potato masher.
- Add the milk to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Once the milk is warm, add the milk, butter and yogurt to the potato mixture and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy but still chunky.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, truffle oil and pepper. If desired, top with chopped chives. Serve immediately.