This Winter Salad combines arugula, grapefruit, pomegranate and almonds for the perfect mix of spice, citrus and crunch!
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 ruby grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Make the dressing. Whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk the olive oil into the mixture until fully blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast the almonds. Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sliced almonds and toast for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally. The almonds should begin to turn a golden brown color. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Assemble the salad. Divide the arugula between two plates or salad bowls. Top with grapefruit slices. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds on top. Add dressing and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
Keywords: winter salad