This Winter Salad combines arugula, grapefruit, pomegranate and almonds for the perfect mix of spice, citrus and crunch!
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 ruby grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- Whisk the vinegar, honey, mustard and garlic together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk the olive oil into the mixture until fully blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sliced almonds and toast for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally. The almonds should begin to turn a golden brown color. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Divide the arugula between two plates or salad bowls. Top with grapefruit slices. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds on top. Add dressing and lightly toss. Serve immediately.
Keywords: winter salad