Nachos for breakfast? Absolutely!! Topped with avocado crema and an egg these potato nachos make the ideal breakfast!
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- juice and zest of one lime
- 2 sliced cooked bacon (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 2 large eggs
- chopped green onions and cilantro for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Depending on the size of the baking sheet you may need two.
- In a small bowl combine the sea salt, cumin and chipotle. Mix well.
- Using a mandoline, slice the potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds. Spread in a single layer on the baking sheets. Spray the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with the sea salt mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven and carefully flip the rounds over. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking remove the avocado from the skin and place in a small mixing bowl. Mash with a fork. Add the yogurt, lime juice and lime zest. Mix until fully combined.
- After the potatoes are done baking remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- While the cheese is melting, coat a medium non-stick pan with butter or cooking spray. Crack both eggs into the pan and cook to the desired doneness.
- Remove potatoes from oven and garnish with salsa, bacon (if desired). Top with fried eggs, sliced green onions, and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
Keywords: unique breakfast ideas